Skip to content
- Equilibrium is a state of reversible reaction in which rate of forward reaction is same as that of reverse reaction.
- So we can say that all the equilibrium reaction is reversible reversible in nature but the reverse is not true.
- In a chemical reaction, chemical equilibrium is a state in which reactants and products are present in concentration which have no further tendency to change with time.
- Chemical equilibrium is also known as dynamic equilibrium because there is no net changes in the concentration of reactant and product.
- The equilibrium between different chemical species present in the same or different phases is called chemical equilibrium.
- The entire process can be understood by considering a reversible reaction i.e.
- There are two types of chemical equilibrium i.e.
- Homogeneous Equilibrium:The equilibrium reaction in which all the reactants and products are present in the same phase are called homogeneous equilibrium.
- Heterogeneous equilibrium:The equilibrium reaction in which all the reactants and products are present in different phase are called heterogeneous equilibrium.